[PSUBS-MAILIST] gasket test results

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 8 13:36:49 EDT 2015

Rick,
I will just back my trailer into the water and float the barge off.  I put pipes under the tanks and she rolls right off.
I have subcon  penetrators that have an o-ring that tightens to a flat surface (squeezed) much like an ORB hydraulic fitting.  I just hand tighten them to I would guess 30 ft lbs.  If your in doubt, make a pressure test fixture.  I test everything under full pressure.  Dr Phil told me they test all the penetrators because some will fail.  When they sell them, they do random testing not individual testing.