[PSUBS-MAILIST] thruster mod

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 13 12:47:11 EDT 2015

Hi All,
I just built a propeller modification for my vertical thruster.  I hate how the thruster pushes the sub downward so well but does not work as well pulling the sub up.  The reason of coarse is, propellers suck in reverse!  So I built a hub and mounted two props, one in the reverse direction to the other.  The props are spaced 4 inches apart. Also when I mounted my new ballast tanks, I blocked the flow of water, so, I will mount the new thruster in a new location. Oh ya, I used two smaller props so I donèt over work the motor.