[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lights

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 26 17:57:02 EDT 2015

Cliff,in everything I have read, the flood light seems the prefered option.Except in cave diving where a narrower beam is handy for finding the way out.Nuytco sells a 120 degree beam light.For night time surface operation a narrower beam like car headlightswould be better. Some dive lights come with sleeves that are pulled out tonarrow down the beam which comes in handy for spotting things or signaling divers. If you are wanting that lower profile then we can set up for wide beam &have a narrow reflector as a retro fit for surface lights or people who preferthe narrow beam. A lot of the reflectors are polished aluminium, so machiningup an insert wouldn't take long. Or for the wide angle just machine the reflector angle in to the housing & polish it. We may find one to fit on "Deal Extreme''http://www.dx.com/s/reflector  (regarded as the Holy Grail of lighting)
or one that just needs a bit of machining.At the moment I am thinking 2 wide beam 10,000 lm at the front, 1 spot lighthigher & central for surface & underwater use with the 5000 lm option beinghandy for out of water & two wide beam side lights at 5000 lm.Cheers Alan