[PSUBS-MAILIST] Batteries

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 31 00:51:35 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,Deep Worker is now using Lithium Iron from these people.http://beckettenergy.com/ they are up the North East somewhere.
   At Underwater Intervention Convention these people gave me a Tee Shirt.I had to go to my cupboard to find the name.Southwest Electronic Energy Group (SWE) | Custom advanced battery solutions for the oil and gas industry SWE | Southwest Electronic Energy Group

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Southwest Electronic Energy Group (SWE) | Custom ad...Southwest Electronic Energy Group (SWE) designs and builds custom advanced battery solutions for oil and gas, seismic, pipeline inspection, military, remote monit... |
|  |
| View on www.swe.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

again Lithium Iron.Lithium Polymer seems to be reguarded as the unsafe technology.You could stay with your lead acid batteries & hold out for these guys to come on stream.Oxis To Manufacture Li-S Batteries Achieving 400 Wh/kg

|   |
| Oxis To Manufacture Li-S Batteries Achieving 400 Wh/kgOriginally published on Kompulsa. Many years ago, I learned of a technology that could turn the energy industry upside down -- the lithium-sulfur battery. It could ... |
|  |
| View on cleantechnica.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Would be interested in anything you turn up as I am looking at either Lithium Ironor Lithium Sulphur if it eventuates. I have a year or so to make up my mind though.Hugh has had some experience (bad) with Lithium Sulphur. He may give some adviceif you take that path.Cheers Alan