[PSUBS-MAILIST] p trap

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 14 17:23:48 EDT 2015

Alec,
I just made a discovery, I opened up the tail end of Gamma to install my experimental p trap tube.  I put a 1/8 ss tube down 24 inches inside my rear ballast tank.  The discovery was that there was pressure built up in the drive shaft tube.  I did not dive deep enough to create this pressure, that means it is from sitting in the hot sun (30C)
and expanding the oil.  Maybe our problem is expanding oil from hot weather then cooling at depth and sucking in water. Well maybe this p trap idea is the solution.