[PSUBS-MAILIST] p trap

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 14 17:52:04 EDT 2015

Thanks Hank. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. For my part I have
trouble with the oil trap method because of the fact the thrusters rotate.
But I'm going to try the following. The old method is a hose wound around
the cans between an elbow at the top and one at the bottom. To fill, I
disconnect the tube from the top elbow and add oil through the tube until
it flows out the top. The problem is a little of the elbow protrudes inside
the can, even though I trimmed it, so its hard to get every last bubble
out. The plan is to replace the tube with a plastic bellows bottle attached
to the bottom elbow, and put in a set screw in the hole where the top elbow
is. This would do two thing; significantly increase the compensation volume
and sensitivity of the bladder, and eliminate the protrusion caused of the
elbow inside the can. I'm pretty confident this will solve the issue, but
the only problem is I don't have any dive plans in the near future to find
out.

Let us know how the trap approach goes!

Best,

Alec

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <