[PSUBS-MAILIST] Idea..?

Wed Jun 17 12:26:50 EDT 2015

Hi All

Seeing as its a bit quite I thought I would show this idea.  Its super
simple....

I have been thinking how you could stop a leaking through hull.  Thinking
of K boat type 5\8th through hulls as in the plans.

I believe Scott had a leak when he did his deep test due to a faulty O ring?

Anyway, here is my idea.  It would take a little bit more machining, but
not much.  Machine the 5\8ths bar with a taper on the protruding part and a
taper on the top to help push the bar through.  (I did that on mine
anyway).  The handle is made with a cam type end.

If you get a leak, you can pull the handle up.  The bar would be pulled up,
forcing the taper to jam into the penetrator, hopefully stopping most of
the leak.  I suppose you could even machine a matching taper into the start
of the through hull to match?

I suppose the bar could get pushed through and jam on its own.  That's a
possibility.

Pic attached.

Kind Regards
James