[PSUBS-MAILIST] Over Pressure Valve

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 19 23:57:12 EDT 2015

OK, as a group, do we have to designate psig or psia to be on the same page.In some industries if there is no designation it is assumed to be psig, (gauge) whereasin other industries it is assumed to be psia (absolute). & we are using guages (psig)& barometers (that show a negative pressure relative to our 1 atm).Is their a nautical or submarine standard? Does anyone else have an opinion on this?Alan