[PSUBS-MAILIST] over pressure valve

"Carsten Standfuß" via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 20 06:52:00 EDT 2015

Most time the OPV akts on the surface to equalize the small pressure difference before you unlock the hatch.
Just to safe your ear drums on a long term.

On Euronaut we have a normal manual ball vale in the hatch to do so.
You are right on Euronut a overpressure vale will be a really huge think.
Its not installed for this reason - instead two large compressors.
But the hatch of Euronaut has heavy hinges and locking device and can handle some overpressure.

But for 1-3 men sub the OVP is the much better solution.