[PSUBS-MAILIST] Specifications when ordering shell

André Eriksen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Mar 21 18:30:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

I`m in the process of ordering the shell and tower for my submarine.
What specification should I ask for? (Europe)

 I asked for EN10204 with 3.1 Sertificate (Not 100% sure of this, but this
is what I got when I ordered the endcaps from another company. 3.2
Sertificate was a bit too expensive)
Told them I had no special requirements for the plates and needed no edge
preperation.

*They replied*: "this is not the normal enquiry type, but we will not ask
any longer" (?)
And said the plates was going to be EN10028-3 with certificate 3.2.

I want to keep the cost down, but should I ask that they grit blast the
shell after rolling?
Also I didn`t ask for bevel on the edges. Again to keep cost down. But
maybe I should, to spare me the extra work?

May I ask what you tell your supplier when ordrering?

-André