[PSUBS-MAILIST] Zinc coating

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 1 09:14:51 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

There's lots of dirty, noisy, or smelly jobs building a sub, but
sandblasting our little hulls - in particular the inside - has to be right
at the top of the list. Years ago I bought myself a sand blaster with the
intention of doing this job myself. Very bad idea. It was a complete pain,
especially recovering the sand to pass it back through, which required one
to pass it through a sieve to remove any kind of foreign particles that
would clog the nozzle. I had clogs pretty much all the time, sand
everywhere, and ended up taking the sub off to have someone with proper
facilities deal with it. I generally tight-fisted, but sand blasting is THE
job I don't mind outsourcing.

Best,

Alec

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <