[PSUBS-MAILIST] Distortion when cutting in shell

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun May 10 10:50:00 EDT 2015

Hi André

Not such a issue wit a plasma cutter.
The full penetration welds will cause more distortion.
Temporery reinforfment okay.

Emile

  _____

Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens André Eriksen via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: vrijdag 8 mei 2015 23:10
Aan: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Distortion when cutting in shell

Hi all,

When you cut out the hole for the conningtower, is distortion of the shell
an issue?

My shell is 12mm in thickness. Wondering if I should place a reinforcement
ring on either side of the hole to be cut -Not welding them so I can remove
them after I have tacked the tower in place.

Thanks
André