[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gauge for outside viewport?

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 7 01:13:10 EDT 2015

I saw some oil filled pressure gauges today.The oil only went 3/4 or so up the dial face.I asked why it didn't completely fill the inside, but the sales person couldn't tell me.We surmised that the purpose of the oil was as a buffer in case of explosion.So if you find an oil filled gauge it is not necessarily going to be full or pressureresistant.Cheers Alan