[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gauge for outside viewport?

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 7 17:36:40 EDT 2015

I hadn't thought of that, but those cans are pretty robust, but still good point.Hank

     On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:15 PM, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 One can install mechanical seals by machining the end of a Minnkota, and that's a really attractive solution for most PSUBS. But this is a 1,000 footer and will be tested deeper. I think the strength of the can itself would probably be the issue.
Best,
Alec
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:01 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

| Alec,
I am driving Gamma with two Perry thrusters that have a simple mechanical seal. I think a Minkota could be modified with a mechanical seal. A new end cap and a shaft extension would do it. This could be a add on kit for Psubbers. I can send you pictures of the Perry seal set up.
Hank |