[PSUBS-MAILIST] 10K LED Light project - Housing

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 14 00:11:54 EDT 2015

Cliff,you mentioned doing thermal calculations. I found this good article on Wiki that may be helpful.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_management_of_high-power_LEDs
If the heat output is a big problem we can always turn the current down.I believe running a 10,000 lm LED at 5000 lm is a lot cooler than running a 5000 lm LED.This is something we could look in to more if we get in to trouble. I was still getting a lot of light offmy 50W LED & keeping it cool by running it on low amps.Alan