[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Sep 19 17:20:31 EDT 2015

Hi Steve,I did not mention that the hatch will have two valves to act as a snorkel, in case there is a problem with the bladder and I can not open the hatch at the surface.  I have the same thoughts you mention about the bolts  in some situations, e.g., if I want to get out in a hurry because a leak is developing.  I went this way because it is bullet proof and quick and easy to build.  I do think about it a lot so I may change it to remove the bolts from inside the pod where it is safe.If the sub and pod are at a great overpressure, I can deal with that by pumping air out with my hp compressor, I would just dump the air overboard.  Also it takes very little depth to hold the pod in place with the bolts removed.  At a depth where the pod could fall off, I could just swim out of that scenario.Hank