[PSUBS-MAILIST] Digital Depth gauge with secondary display to passengers

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Sep 29 06:48:58 EDT 2015

Hi Lasse,
There are smarter people than me on this site with regard to this stuff, but in case
they don't post, here are my thoughts.
I had a look at that meter on a few different sites & couldn't find any instructions
with it. Maybe ask the seller if any pdf on the gauge exists. I have bought a few
Chinese products recently that have either no instructions or very poor instructions.
There are a number of cheap panel meters that you could calibrate to the gauges
output, & on a quick search I saw a programable module that would work between
the gauge & panel meter.  There may be problems running a number of panel
meters simultaneously,  with regard to voltage drop with them sharing the same
output source & voltage drop over long wire runs. It may be that the panel meters
need to be calibrated when they are set up in the sub.
There are loads of those type of sensors on Digikey & you may get some set up
answers off their pdfs.
Cheers, Alan

Sent from my iPad