[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK 2 Brushless Thruster

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 1 10:11:12 EDT 2016

Hank,the motor is an outrunner & the whole can of the motor rotates apart from the back section, so I can't locate the motor tight in the housing. Thanks for the thoughts on the precision machining of the pin holes, that confirms what I was thinking. I can drill the holes over size if I use the bearing, as the pins only stop the motor rotating & the slop will only be noticed going from forward to reverse.The shaft from the seal compartment has to go on the high side as any water that gets in will sink.Cheers Alan