[PSUBS-MAILIST] port ring

Al Secor via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Apr 9 16:27:32 EDT 2016

Rick,

Just use an O2 clean scuba regulator...they're good for 100% O2.

Al Secor

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] port ring
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Date: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 3:10 PM

 Thanks
 SteveI am trying to keep any high pressure gas outside
 of the sub including O2 but cant find an O2 regulator yet
 that can be exposed to salt water unlike the scuba
 regulaters so I figured I'd have the reg attached to the
 sked 80 nipple just inside the sub to knock it down to LP
 and then to the flow meter.Rick
 On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 9:50
 PM, Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:
 Hi Rick,Yep, SCH80 1/2" pipe
 is good to about 500bar/7500PSI per my favourite pressure
 rating chart:http://prochem.cloudsites.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Prochem-Piping-Products-1-Pipe-and-Tube.pdf
 Hi Hank,I suspect
 the buckling failure mode and/or standards overriding
 practicalities (or just inability to achieve close enough to
 perfect fit) will mean that reinforcement is necessary -
 really interested to hear what Sean has to say on
 it.
 Cheers,Steve

 On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 2:56
 PM, Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:
 Does anyone know how much pressure a stainless
 steel schedule 80,  1/2" ID nipple is rated for
 3" long? Can it take 3,000
 psiRick
 On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 4:39
 PM, Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:
 Hi Rick,You're correct there -
 the reinforcing can be in the form of thickening the small
 piece of pipe ("nozzle") that is welded on,
 rather than thickening the shell.  Although it's not
 very practical for large holes.  There are also limits on
 how far away the reinforcing can be before it doesn't
 count.
 Actually, for
 small holes, there probably isn't a requirement
 to reinforce.  I'm not so familiar with ASME, but in
 the Australian Standard for pressure vessels (which is very
 similar to ASME), you don't have to reinforce a hole
 unless it's bigger than 90mm.
 Cheers,Steve
 On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at
 12:21 PM, Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>