[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS transducer location

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 2 15:09:34 EDT 2016

Dad and I are planning to try a little experiment in regards to the
mounting location of Snoopy's transducer array. The idea is to mount the
array on a hinged whip behind the hatch. While she's on the surface the
transducer will be under the waterline for surfaced communication with
surface support (if the boat and sub are out of earshot of one another).
When Snoopy submerges, the array's float lifts the mast erect over the sub,
becoming the tallest part of the vessel while submerged.

Just an idea, but we're keen to try it when we get the chance. One possible
drawback is entanglement danger... we've been thinking a lot about that
lately. ~ Doug S.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <