[PSUBS-MAILIST] water cooled diesel

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 11 13:22:46 EDT 2016

Alec,I agree those engines are very noisy, I am shooting for something like my 10hp Kubota.  That  engine is a dream, and very quiet.  I also plan to put the engine inside the escape pod, so it might help with noise.  I just want to get the long range an engine offers without  the hassles of a boat.  good point though!
I was also thinking about a propane powered 5 hp outboard.  They run on those little screw on bottles.  I could make a motor mount at the back of Gamma and steer with Gamma's original steering stuff.  When it is dive time, I remove the propane bottle and store the motor in the escape pod.  The propane bottles can stay with the marker buoy.  Just an idea.Hank