[PSUBS-MAILIST] scrubber performance

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 14 03:05:54 EDT 2016

H Hank we use a O2 flow of 0,25 Liter per minute per person. So 0,5 Liter
per minute is correct

4000 ppm is to high on a long term as standard. And give you to less
reserve if the scrubber need a change or stops..
The max. work place conzentration here in Germany is 5000 ppm.

During our test in the diverchamber of Euronaut Emile and I start the test
with 800 ppm and after 40 minutes we reach stable 400 ppm
.
By the way today we use second hand absorber material from scuba cycle
divers - Is still good for some hours - and for free.
On Euronaut the exchange is a question of a minute.

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [PSUBS-MAILIST] scrubber performance
Datum: 2016-08-13T22:30:26+0200
Von: "hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

Hi All,
I just did a two person life support test and the CO2 level sits around
4,000ppm  and the O2 flow is at .5 lpm   Is that CO2 level high?   When I
am in the sub alone it sits around 2,500ppm
I am getting Gamma all geared up for a big dive with my mother as the
passenger, that means a ladder, comfy seat, hot coffee, cookies.  She is
very excited!