[PSUBS-MAILIST] conical hatch seat troubles

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Dec 1 16:24:00 EST 2016

Hi Sean,No the seal comes from the o-ring, the metal to metal is to carry the hull stress.  It is my feeling it will be okay because I have a significant reinforcement with the land ring.  Just a gut feeling lol.  I am not sure what you mean by compressing thee o-ring to zero.  The hatch will close to within .02 in with vacuum from the compressor, the   o-ring is completely encapsulated at that point. Hank