[PSUBS-MAILIST] conical hatch seat troubles

Thu Dec 1 14:53:32 EST 2016

Hank - are you expecting the conical interface to perform as a metal to metal seal at depth? Or merely to carry the hull shell stresses? Do you know how much pressure is required to compress your o-ring sufficiently to reduce the extrusion gap to zero? Is this even possible? Or does the cone engage and prevent it?

Sean