[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor modification

Mon Dec 5 14:49:10 EST 2016

Getting rid of every last air bubble isn't strictly necessary (although you should attempt to), provided you have enough compensation volume to account for the bubble volume when they shrink under pressure. If you really are about attention to detail, draw a vacuum on the housing before you begin the oil fill.

I have never been a fan of compensation at ambient with no bias pressure, but if you use a bladder with any elasticity (such as a hot water bottle or soft blocked tubing like surgical tubing), you can effectively accomplish the bias by overfilling the bladder so it is stretched a bit.

Fill at a low point, and vent at a high one.

Sean