[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor modification

Mon Dec 5 17:36:38 EST 2016

Rick - he's talking about cases where there is no bladder implemented, other than a flexible PVC hose which is intended to serve the compensation function when the required volume is low.  Counter intuitively, even with a so-called "flexible" hose, the internal volume can be quite rigid against external pressure because the cross section is round and dimensionally stable. If you partially crimp such a hose, you put it out of round and essentially initiate its "collapse", allowing it to serve the compensation function instead of merely resisting the external pressure. If you add a conventional bladder shaped oil reservoir, (e.g. hot water bottle) your plumbing doesn't need to be flexible because the bladder has no strength against external pressure.

Sean