[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor Modification

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 6 02:02:26 EST 2016

Cliff,
thanks for wading in.
Can you fit a mechanical seal in the Minn kotta end housing?
   I have ended up choosing a mechanical seal for my brushless thruster.  (V3 0100.20.N.C.)
I firstly consulted with an N.Z. rep who recommended this bellows type seal; then after
buying it, ended up sending my drawings & description of operation to Vulcan the manufacturer,
who independently recommended the same seal.
   I have a gap between my bearing & seal that doesn't allow for free flow of oil
& are going to drill a hole at an angle in to this cavity from the middle section
of my thruster housing.
   Glad to hear there was air coming out of the relieving valve on the regulator;
it must work! I am finalizing a purchase of some similar regulators for my thrusters.
Alan