[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hull

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Feb 6 14:38:24 EST 2016

I have some high-current ones for the battery pods, which don't use
potting. It consists of three concentric parts; a 2" stainless bar welded
into the hull, a nylon spacer, and a copper bar. The SS and the spacer are
both cored with a step to prevent extrusion, and the copper and nylon have
O ring grooves. So the thing just disassembles with no need for potting. If
memory serves, James made replicas on his boat. Of course, this solution is
only suitable for high amp applications, and not something appropriate for
electronics with lots of contacts.

Best,

Alec

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <