[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vessel salvage

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 8 15:16:28 EST 2016

Regarding the Titanic this rules apply:

http://www.noaa.gov/titanic/noaasrole.html
<http://www.noaa.gov/titanic/noaasrole.html>

As you can see they apply for you as US people - but not for me.

Titanic is in international waters - the owners takes no salvage operation
for many years.

To international laws she is free.

But not for national rules for US citens and Canada and Great Britain which
sign a protection act together.

If a US Citens blow her up to search for the diamonds he will get in jail.

If a German blow her up - maybe nothimg will happen. :-0 (Maybe as long as
he not sail to the US..)

Same is here with the Estonia wreck in the Baltic Sea.

Diving is prohibided there. But only for Fins, Swedish, Russian, Estland
and so on divers.

Only for people of staates sign a national protection act togehter ..

That the spains gets there gold back has maybe only the reason that the
ship was a "man of war" a warship.

Seems warshp which sunk with there flag on it - are still goverment
property.

The German Aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin for example - is NOT belong to
the German Goverment.

An AIRCRAFT CARRIER of over 200 meter.

But he was not finished and never a warship and he hands obver to the
russian end of the war which scuttled him after the as target.

And any time a owner scuttled his ship - he lost the right on it - ever if
it s a warship. But only in internatonal waters.

In national waters the rules are sometimes very different. National water
in case of wrecks means 12 sm. Not 200 sm.

The 200sm line is on international rules apply to fishery and natural
treasues like oil. But not to wrecks.

But the Aircraft Carrer is just outside the polish nationjal waters. So in
general free. But diving here needs a permission from the polish goverment
! The argument is that there is a hell of ammunition and just 2sm away is
an big oil rigg. So it if forbitten there to dive without permission
because of "National security."

But at the end a wreck is may on ownership by the goverment with the bigger
warship still aflot close by.. :-0

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----