[PSUBS-MAILIST] Acceptable cabin pressure swing

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 24 17:31:30 EST 2016

When I dive Gamma, I find I have a slight negative pressure for most of the dive as the air shrinks from the cold.  The temperature swing is huge from surface to 100 feet.   As a rule when I dive for any length of time I balance the sub out to Zero on the altimeter by either turning on the compressor or giving a shot of air before I start to surface.  It is pretty easy to keep the sub within 100 feet from set point on the altimeter, and that is my comfort level.Hank