[PSUBS-MAILIST] Acceptable cabin pressure swing

Mon Feb 29 05:02:46 EST 2016

With regards to the valve coming unseated, or dislodging.  I made mine with
a wing nut on the shaft.   Means I can adjust the cracking pressure, and
bolt it tight in the event of a leak or excessive flow, such as towing.  It
feels a little vulnerable on the top and I wish id put a guard around
it.   Could have had a few more holes as well.   I have a dome that is only
retained at the edge, so I need the valve.  But, I am in agreement with
Hank, in the event of an uncontrolled ascent and overpressure situation, im
not sure it would vent quick enough.  I now have a high power compressor
that Hank gave me that vents outside at the flick of a switch.  I much
prefer this. Pics attached.

kind regards
James

​
​

On 28 February 2016 at 18:45, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <