[PSUBS-MAILIST] Acceptable cabin pressure swing

Mon Feb 29 09:09:06 EST 2016

didn't answer all the questions...

No, I haven't tested how much pressure will blow off the dome, nor am I
going to.  The dome is held on with an aluminium retaining ring and 24
(ish? cant remember) M6 bolts.  I wouldn't want to damage the dome or the
ring in a test.  It was very awkward to machine the ring.  I just keep a
close eye on cabin pressure.

Flicking the compressor on instantly reduces cabin pressure.   Ive never
let it get to more than about 1/4psi over, but a 3-4 second burst on the
compressor gets rid of that.

I find I tend to get a little overpressure before the scrubber kicks in
properly.   Once CO2 has stabilised I don't really need to fiddle with
anything.  It just sorts itself out.

Its also handy for a pre launch vacuum test.

regards
James