[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless thruster test

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jan 30 16:55:32 EST 2016

Alan your thruster is coming along.  What is the pitch of the prop that you
are going to use?  It is a little hard to tell the size of the unit from
the pictures.  What is the prop diameter and what is motor diameter?

I am working with some engineering students on a new variable pitch prop
for my boat.  They have also built a test rig to measure the bollard
thrust, rpm, current and voltage of the thruster.  Hopefully in a week or
so we will get some testing done a a MK-33 prop that goes with the MK-101
lower unit.

How did you measure the thrust on your thruster?  How did you calibrate the
test rig?  What kind of duty cycle is this motor rated for?  What do think
the final HP will be for your thruster?

Thanks for sharing your work to date on the thruster.

Cliff

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <