[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pilot Fish unmanned -255m dive report

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 2 15:01:50 EDT 2016

Hello Psubbers,

Yesterday the Pilot Fish hull went down to -255m off the coast

For a long time I have wondered how to pressure test the Pilot Fish hull.
There was the Aberdeen Hypobaric center option, but way up in Scotland, and
also a test chamber in Cherbourg, France operated by DCNS, closer but much
more expensive and requiring loading the hull vertically with a special
support.
Other option: deep lake. Unfortunately there are not that many options in
France with easy access. At last, a deep spot in the sea. Ever wasted time
on the internet looking for things like where is the deepest point on the
planet or where is the farthest point from land in the ocean? I did some of
that