[PSUBS-MAILIST] acoustic pinger frequency choice

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 1 16:05:30 EDT 2016

Hi Antoine,Gamma has a pinger with both 9hz and 27hz  all I hear is a click sound, no big deal at 27hz.Hank

    On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:41 PM, Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hello all, I am looking after acoustic pingers to locate my sub, with the lowest frequency possible to get the longest range. However, I fear low frequency might be audible inside the sub (or giving head aches) especially given the power emitted.A youtube hearing test shows me I cant hear frequencies beyond 14kHz... so I am aiming for 16kHz
Have any of you had experience with these low frequencies <16kHz in a sub?

regardsAntoine