[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 8 07:36:19 EDT 2016

Just to clarify, when I say to put the wires through the shaft, I transition from wire to threaded rod inside the shaft.  Hank

    On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:09 AM, James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 I made the rotating through hulls with 2x brass rods passing through into the hull. Personally, I find these motors and in particular these through hulls the single most time consuming part of psubbing.   Difficult to construct and maintain.    http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/publication2_files/Page21512.htmhttp://www.guernseysubmarine.com/extended_files/Page24592.htm Biggest problem is that when you have filled the inside of the through hull with epoxy, there is no longer any adjustment on the cable.  So you have to make the cables fit without touching any part of the motor innards.  Some sort of modification needed im sure.  Plus the motors jam in the through hull tubes.  Oil compensation is messy and a nuisance.   I have seen Emile's hubless motors and these are much better, but not available to us at the moment I don't think. I just took delivery today of 8 brand new AGM batteries...... :) RegardsJames
On 7 June 2016 at 19:59, via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

How has everyone retrofitted the MinKota's to have a 1" rotating shaft to go through the penetrators?

Thank you,
Scott Waters