[PSUBS-MAILIST] wiring problem

Wed Jun 8 22:26:35 EDT 2016

Hank, do a continuity check between battery negative and the hull / chassis / safety ground. There should be no continuity from either battery terminal.  If there is, the DC power supply common is tied down to chassis at one of the devices.  Check the radio antenna as a possible culprit.

Next, check the potential of each power supply connection, not only between + and - at the device, but with respect to each other as well. (You mention tapping 24 V off a 36 V battery - any chance you're between +24 and "0" on one device and +36 and +12 on the other?)

What is the breaker type?

When you say it doesn't work with a ground wire connected - you are referring to a hull connection?

Sean