[PSUBS-MAILIST] wiring problem

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 9 08:18:35 EDT 2016

Hi AlanYes that is how it is wired.
Hi Sean,The radio works perfect, well I assume, I should say it turns on fine as long as the compressor ground is disconnected.  When I turn the radio on with the compressor ground connected the radio breaker trips.  The breakers in Gamma are an aviation  style breaker, they look like what you have in you house breaker panel. If I remove the radio from the hull, I can turn it on just fine with the compressor ground connected.   I am wondering if my radio is shorting out so there is pos current in the cabinet and the compressor is providing a ground for it to short out.I will instal the transducer and do some more testing, I can put the surface radio transducer on top of the sub transducer and test to be sure the radio is actually working still.  Hmm now I am wondering if I have the power reversed on the compressor and I am turning the sub into a positive ground, the compressor should still work with polarity reversed.  Thanks' guys.Hank