[PSUBS-MAILIST] amp draw

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 22 07:17:33 EDT 2016

Alan,I am not calling the guards Kort nozzles because a Kort nozzle is a precision made part intended to boost performance.  What I have is a random size heavy wall short piece of pipe around the prop with a layer of ss to extend the coverage.  I removed the ss layer so the prop is open just to see what happens.  The motor performance is good-the prop noise just needs to be investigated.  The new cartridge seals are a dream.I am welding on permanent MBT bottom vent extensions today.  When I installed the solenoid vents, I removed my temporary vent extensions thinking I did not need them.  Turns out the vent extensions are crucial.  I ended up only putting two solenoids on the front of the rear tanks as well as a vent line to take care of that pesky little  air trap in front of the vertical thrusters.  The whole venting system works like a charm now.  I have to say, I sure like the solenoid system-it would work nicely on a K sub also.Hank