[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: cumpass

Mon Jun 27 11:22:46 EDT 2016

So have you confirmed that it is not a depth related issue?

One possible solution is an electronic (MEMS) heading reference system, which incorporates orthogonal accelerometers, magnetometers and rate gyros to produce a gyro-stabilized heading signal. Such an instrument would not need to be in your immediate field of view and could instead be mounted as far as reasonably practicable from ferrous structures and magnetic influences. You would need a display of some sort to convert the electric signal to a visual readout though.

Sean