[PSUBS-MAILIST] Euronaut's new lights

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 2 09:26:58 EST 2016

Dear Antoine, it depents on you use.

If you try to run at night and/or offshore I would strongly recommend at
least a tricolour red/green/white light (sailboat under sail)

so another vessel has chance  to figure out your sailing direction.

A pure white around will normaly sugesst: I see your stern light from aft.
You run away from me. Or you are at anchor.

Special not very clever if the other boat comes from forward..

A good minimum for a small Psubs is a red-green combi and a all around
white about one meter higher on a Mast.

By the way this white around is also nice as docking light in the harbour.

So nobody can overseen you dark, deep in the water sub on the ponton and
use is as fender..

Its with the rules if the Lights are temporaly. so you can use surface
types with a battery or with a cable via the open hatch or a

(watertight) socket.

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----