[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hatch interlock

Thu Mar 3 08:55:10 EST 2016

Seal condition monitoring is a secondary benefit. The primary purpose of the system is to generate an interlock signal (stable vacuum between seals + dogs engaged = hatch closed) which is used elsewhere in the software logic, so it has to have an electronic output.

Ergonomics come into play too, which is why I am trying to minimize the number of analog gauges - only those required by the rules which serve critical backup functions. Displays which are too busy can be confusing. There is going to be a ton of equipment crammed into a small space, and I don't want to run more piping or cabling than necessary so that I can keep things clean, or at least, as clean as has ever been seen in a submersible.  Critical information readily visible, everything else at your fingertips on demand, and an easily accessible, exhaustively labeled yet simple and intuitive manual backup system for when the SHTF.

Central control and monitoring also enables me to echo important information to a display within the lockout chamber for the benefit of its occupants.

Sean