[PSUBS-MAILIST] thruster vacuum fill

Wed Mar 23 11:44:47 EDT 2016

The procedure in the linked document doesn't alleviate the need for volume compensation, but rather seems to be employed for the purpose of degassing the compensating oil (driving out dissolved oxygen), or replacing any such oxygen with nitrogen, prior to proper compensator fill and placement into service. I'm not sure why - perhaps the dissolved oxygen contributes to corrosion in the motor?

Sean