[PSUBS-MAILIST] Kelly controllers

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 18 21:33:02 EDT 2016

Scott are you sure those motors only pull 15 amps? It seems very little for
a stonking big piece of hardware like that, but maybe the motor inside the
can is smaller that one would expect. Consider the 101's also run at 36
volts but pull three times the current. Anyway if the current draw is
correct you would have no problem running them off the standard MK
controller. You could even run both of them off a single controller,
although you would need some switches or relays to reverse them
independently. But the MK controllers are cheap, so maybe just provide each
thruster its own speed control.

Best,

Alec

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <