[PSUBS-MAILIST] CAD for presentation

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 27 20:53:36 EDT 2016

There is a rudimentary fea program called scan & solve, that is a plug infor Rhino 5. I have it but haven't needed to use it yet. I was on a scan & solvewebinar & tried to pin the lecturer down as to how accurate it was; buthe was very elusive. You can export to ??? for fea, forget the name, wasn't solid worksbut was another top program.When I went to the solid works seminar & talked with some of the professionalsabout fea, they were in fear & awe at the mention of it. So I am getting the impressionthat it is pretty specialized & difficult to get really accurate results. Sean mightadd to that. But hey technology moves on.You aren't an old guy like me, so you may want to learn a top program that willbe with you the rest of your life, but people go to tech college full time to learn theseprograms & if you aren't using them a lot you forget things.Alan