[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electronic contents gauge

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Nov 2 16:48:36 EDT 2016

Thanks Hugh,
I just got a price of $160 NZ for a 1/4" 316 excess flow valve.
A lot cheaper than I thought. However looking at the data on their standard
XS4 series, the "trip" flow on 3000psi is 250 cubic ft per minute or 116 litres
per second. I had measured roughly 2 litres per second coming out of my
1st stage high pressure port.
They do say they have smaller springs for tripping at a lower flow but it
might be a big step to get to what I want ie. tripping with virtually no flow.
For me I am leaning toward the option of potting the electronic gauge that
Steve suggested & having wires through the hull to a plc. plus have contents
gauges within view of my dome.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad