[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 21 15:18:04 EDT 2016

Hank,
I have 4 cheap Chinese trolling motors on my ambient.
Have pulled a couple apart & found iron filings in then &
one had the thrust bearing mounted in a plastic fitting that
didn't look very substantial. The main housing seals & seat
weren't fantastic & the seal was worse for wear by the time
I reassembled it. There were long bolts running down the
inside of the motor holding the housing together. These were
a devil to get back in as the motor magnets pulled them
away from the threaded hole I was trying to bolt them in about 6" in.
However there are more than 1 trolling motor manufacturers
in China. Good luck.