[PSUBS-MAILIST] Drop weight design

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Sep 17 17:00:01 EDT 2016

Hi Brian,If you are putting this idea to a vote, my vote is no.  For one you are over complicating a uncomplicated feature.  If you want to drop weight in increments then you can make that system mechanical just as easy.  You could argue that with magnets, the sub would surface if you were unconscious.  If that is your reasoning then it may be practical.  I have learned that less is better in a psub and that goes for all the crap we carry around.  Heck I carry enough stuff to run away from home and rebuild a small block chevy.  ;-)Hank