[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass

roberto alvarez via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 19 11:54:00 EDT 2016

You can ener to the FIBERGLAST  web site on the videos or learning section,
you need gelcoat fot that smooth finish, the thickness will be function of
the pressure that will resist, i  am not a genious so i use the formula,
Pressure is equal to the Force over the Area, if your fairing will be on
the same pressure on both sides, the thickness will be less than 4 mm or 2
glass coats (1/8 is the average  laminate with cloth )  of your part will
be exposed to air inside and water outside yo can use he formula and find
the max yield stress for a fiberglass laminate and calc  the thicness, as
itold you i am not a genious  i just learn the basic relations that make
the things work and play with the relations between them,