[PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 Pool dive

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 6 11:02:05 EDT 2017

Cliff,
That's just great!  Thanks for posting the video.  Did you have  an
opportunity to evaluate the function of the dome for visibility or distortion
either horizontally or downward?
Jim

In a message dated 4/6/2017 9:26:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
personal_submersibles at psubs.org writes:

Nice!  Great job Cliff.

On 4/6/2017 9:15 AM,  Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles wrote:
> I look at my boat as a  platform for tinkering. It is after all a
> hobby! The problem I have  is that to evaluate a modification, I have
> to take the boat to the  lake.  I find that transport, launching and
> retrieval of the  boat burns a lot of time so I end not having a lot
> time to experiment  with the mods as well as fun dives. Unlike Hank, I
> need help with  launching and retrieval so it's a pain it the butt to
> schedule a  local lake dive.  When I finally get the boat to one of our
>  local magnificent  mud holes, I can't see a thing, so I decided to
> build a swimming pool (allegedly for my grand kids!) for dunk  test.
>
> Below is a link to a  short YouTube video showing  the launching,
> diving and retrieval of my boat in the pool, just for  fun.  This first
> attempt was a bit nerve racking as I could just  see me dropping the
> boat and damaging the pool and the boat but in  end, all came out ok.
> A fabricated a boom trailer from a set of  mobile home axles and some
> scrap steel I got from the local junk  yard. The only issue I had was
> the cheap eBay made in China winch  struggled with the load even though
> it was rated at 12,000  lbs.
>
> Cliff
>

>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIrQeMmIHs

Personal_Submersibles  mailing  list